Updated: Oct 31
It's that time of year when you've carved your pumpkin & now have no idea what to do with the fleshy mess that's left.
There is so much waste when it comes to pumpkin carving & its such a shame. So here is our super quick & simple way of utilising the left overs & having yourself some beauty time in the process.
Why use pumpkin on your skin?
Pumpkin contains vitamins A, C & E plus antioxidants, which help fight sun damage & wrinkles.
It also has a fruit enzyme which is particularly good to help naturally exfoliate dead skin cells. Last but not least it also contains zinc and potassium to help combat any redness you may have - Plus the honey in this recipe will help with retaining moisture, keeping your skin glowing.
We have the perfect recipe below to help nourish & detoxify tired skin.
Roughly ½ cup of fleshy inner pumpkin - the more squid the better, the strongly parts attached to the seeds are perfect, just remember to pick the seeds out!
1-2 tbs water
½ tsp honey
½ tsp natural clay of choice
1. Pop all of the seeds to one side, this way you can wash them off & toast them for later - honestly they taste amazing roasted - I love them tossed with different spices!
2. Cut roughly half a cup of flesh pumpkin into chunks - remember the softer the better.
3. Puree the pumpkin in a food processor until smooth.
4. Add all of the other ingredients & mix - add more clay / water to your preferred consistency
5. Apply to clean skin & leave for approx 10 - 15 mins
6. Rinse with clean water
This will make a lovely thin mask that's super light, refreshing & cleansing.
How else will you be using your pumpkin? I hear pumpkin bread is amazing!
Tag us in your pictures if you try it out x x